Saturday 3 September 2011

Here, There and Everywhere

Sometimes it seems as though we go for days without doing anything at all and then there are some days when there is action to be had. The last few days have been a flurry of unexpected but enjoyable activity. 
Our slew of activity over the last couple days began with a visit to my Aunt’s house. My cousins were home and they kept the boys occupied both playing video games in the basement and lacrosse outside. Once baby girl got settled into a different place with different people and sounds my Aunt and I were able to chat over Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake). We chatted about a whole variety of things and while I don’t fully recall the conversation I do know that it was peaceful and pleasant and I left with a full spirit as did my children. Me from the tranquility that I so rarely get and the boys from the rambunctious play that little boys only get when they hang out with the big boys. I also happened to snag some zucchini from my Aunt along with her recipe for zucchini chocolate cake.
When I got home I was pleasantly surprised to have a package in the mail. The baltic amber teething necklaces I ordered from babyhalfoff.com arrived. Although baby girl isn’t in full on teething mode and has only worn them a couple days I have already noticed that she isn’t drooling as much. I’m liking this whole natural parenting thing more and more all the time.
On Thursday evening I ordered up some supplies for homeschooling off of Amazon.ca. Among the stuff I ordered were some math flashcards, a planet earth dvd collection and a cool globe. I’m excited for when our things arrive. I still have to order the actual curriculum and I’m about 90% sure I found the right one. While some family members may not be on board with my plan to homeschool it is a decision that Daddy Sanford and I are firm in.
I still have more intrigues to tell from our Friday and Saturday but I’ll save those for my next post. Tomorrow I think may be more of a lay low kind of day. I’m still trying to decide what if anything our day may hold and while I may not know yet I do know that we will make the best of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment